If regular exercise has your muscles aching, investing in a massage gun will help you relax your body and repair your tender spots. The best massage guns we’ve seen are easy to use, work for hours at a time and effectively sooth soreness. Discover the best cheap massage guns for less than £100.
On a mission to find the very best cheap massage guns, we’ve paid attention to the features that matter the most: ease of use, charging times, speed settings and bundled accessories. Keep scrolling for a closer look at our top picks.
In this article:
- How much do massage guns cost?
- How do cheap massage guns work?
- The best cheap massage guns for sore muscles
- Top tips on how to use a massage gun
Cheap massage guns: quick guide
How much do massage guns cost?
Our own pricing research suggests that the vast majority of massage guns cost between £50-100. That’s obviously great news if you don’t want to spend big on a fitness accessory that can have a noticeable impact.
We’ve seen that Amazon and eBay have a brilliant range of massage guns on offer, the majority of which come bundled with different massage heads that target specific parts of the body. You can also try checking The Range.
How do cheap massage guns work?
Massage guns use rapid vibrations to work on tender muscles in your body. The movements of the massage heads will increase blood flow to a specific muscle area, which can ultimately reduce tension and inflammation.
Are tender muscles causing issues with your sleeping pattern? If so, you might want to pay a visit to our guide on the best weighted blankets.
The best cheap massage guns for sore muscles
HOPOSO Massage Gun (£69.99)
- Comes with 6 replaceable massage heads
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Ergonomic design prevents external vibration
This awesome massage gun comes bundled with a collection of 6 unique massage heads. You can use this gun to treat yourself to a deep tissue massage, which is proven to activate your muscles, stimulate blood flow and therefore greatly reduce muscle recovery time. The HOPOSO Massage Gun is one of the most popular cheap massage guns you can buy on Amazon right now and for good reason – it’s effective, easy to use and affordable.
Designed to relieve muscle stiffness and soeness, the HOPOSO Massage Gun has 30 adjustable vibration modes. You can adjust the frequency of the vibrations according to where on your body you’re using the gun. This model is completely cordless and equipped with a 2,400mAh battery. According to its makers, you’ll get around 8 hours of use from this massage gun on a full charge.
Click here to buy the HOPOSO Massage Gun.
RENPHO Massage Gun (£49.99)
- Four speed levels to target specific muscle groups
- Unique, ergonomic shape
- Six handy massage heads included
The RENPHO Massage Gun is still up for grabs at less than £100, so act fast if you want to grab a bargain. This massage gun is sporting a unique, ergonomic design that makes it a breeze to use on tender muscles. It has four different speed levels to target specific muscle groups and can be used to accelerate muscle activation and repair. If you’re a regular gym-goer or an athlete, you’ll definitely want to invest.
This affordable massage gun comes bundled with 6 professional massage heads: an L Ball Head (for arms and thighs), M Ball Head (for bulk muscle groups), a Fork Head (for neck and spine), a Bullet Head (for deep tissue massage), a Flat Head (for all parts of the body) and an Air Cushion Head (for trigger points).
Click here to buy the RENPHO Massage Gun.
Top tips on how to use a massage gun
- Don’t use the massage gun at high speeds on particularly sensitive areas. Doing so can cause more damage and it’ll hurt as well. Try running the massage gun over your muscles at a very low speed and gradually increase it depending on how it feels.
- Don’t tense your muscles. The massage gun is designed for use on relaxed muscles, so make sure you calm your body.
- Turn the massage gun on before you press it against your skin. This means you’ll know what to expect before you make contact.
- Don’t press down too hard. You don’t need to dig the massage gun into your skin. Instead, gently float the device over your body and let the vibrating head do the hard work for you.
- Most people don’t need the top setting. You’ll probably find that you get better results from using your massage gun on its lower speed settings. Experiment with the device and work out what works best for your body.
Home gym equipment guides