Crackle is designed for viewers over in the US, which means that if you’re trying to stream content outside the states, you’ll run into trouble. Usually, a VPN would save the day, letting you to spoof your location if you’re abroad so you can keep watching. But what if your current VPN isn’t working with Crackle? We’ll help you fix it.
If your current VPN isn’t working with Crackle, there’s a good chance the VPN server you’re trying to use has been blacklisted. In other words, you won’t be able to stream shows if you’re outside the US. Have a read through our guide for more details.
In this article:
- How to use Crackle abroad
- Why is Crackle not working with my VPN?
- How does Crackle detect my VPN?
- The best VPNs for Crackle
How to use Crackle abroad: quick guide
- Get ExpressVPN (£6.35+), Ivacy (£0.73+), NordVPN (£2.44+), Atlas VPN ($1.39+) or PureVPN ($1.99+)
- Open the VPN and connect to a server based in the US
- Sign in to your Crackle account
- Use Crackle from anywhere in the world
Why is Crackle not working with my VPN?
If the Crackle website works out that you’re trying to access it from a restricted region, your connection will be blocked every time. An error message on the Crackle website explains: “Thanks for visiting. Unfortunately, we’re not currently available in this region.”
If your current VPN isn’t working with Crackle, it’s not doing a very good job of spoofing your location. Some or all of the VPN servers you have available to you through that service may be blacklisted. Swapping to a better VPN will save you.
How does Crackle detect my VPN?
Poor VPNs don’t do a very good job of hiding your location, which means Crackle prevents you from streaming content. When the Crackle website identifies VPN use, it’ll blacklist the temporary IP address provided by your VPN so you can’t use it again. The worst VPNs do a lousy job of replacing their blacklisted servers.
Have a look at our recommended VPNs below and enjoy a superior alternative. Remember, you don’t need to spend big to get yourself a top-tier VPN.
The best VPNs for Crackle in 2022
- 1-month subscription: £9.98 per month
- 6-month subscription: £7.62 per month
- 12-month subscription: £6.35 per month (35% off)
If the VPN you’re using at the moment refuses to work, to switch to ExpressVPN. We’ll happily recommend this newbie-friendly VPN over and over again – it’s easy to use, speedy and works brilliantly if you’re looking to access Crackle from abroad. You won’t have to stare at annoying error messages on the Crackle website if you’re protected by this tried and tested VPN.
ExpressVPN does a great job of replacing its blacklisted servers. That means that, even if Crackle temporarily disables incoming connections from ExpressVPN, the VPN will have a replacement server up and running ASAP. To access your account, all you need to do is open up ExpressVPN, connect to a US-based server and go from there.
ExpressVPN keeps your real IP address hidden, so websites won’t know you’re accessing content from abroad. Every ExpressVPN member can enjoy servers in over 90 countries around the world. This VPN works on loads of different gadgets including Mac, PC, Android or iOS smartphone.
- Watch your favourite sports wherever you are using ExpressVPN
- Compatible with PCs and laptops
- This trusted VPN will replace its blacklisted servers ASAP
- 1-month subscription: £8 per month
- 1-year subscription: £1.91 per month (76% off)
- 5-year subscription: £0.73 per month (90% off)
Ivacy is a great choice if you want to enjoy Crackle shows while you’re travelling. This is one of the most popular, affordable VPNs around, thanks in part to its battle against blacklisted servers. The cheapest Ivacy subscription will only set you back $2.45 per month.
This trusted VPN will effectively hide your real location so you can use all of Crackle’s features, even if you’ve roamed outside the US. Use our exclusive link below and you get instant access to over 1,000 VPNs servers across the world. A single membership to Ivacy also means you can protect up to 10 gadgets at a time.
- Unlock Crackle in minutes using Ivacy
- A great choice for beginners
- High-speed downloads using Ivacy’s optimized VPN servers
For more on Ivacy, you can read our full Ivacy review.
- 1-month subscription: £8.84 per month
- 1-year subscription: £3.64 per month (58% off)
- 2-year subscription: £2.44 per month (72% off)
Here’s another VPN for your shortlist if you want to use Crackle abroad. NordVPN has servers all over the world and all of them are protected by military-grade encryption. That means they’re extremely secure and you can connect without handing over your personal data to companies that shouldn’t own it.
If you run into trouble while getting to grips with NordVPN, you can make use of the live chat feature for a helping hand.
- Keep yourself and your family secure without buying several NordVPN accounts
- Easy-to-use app is great for newbies
- Secure your online traffic with top-tier encryption
- 1-month subscription: $9.99 per month
- 1-year subscription: $2.49 per month (75% off)
- 3-year subscription + 3 months free: $1.39 per month (86% off)
Atlas VPN will act as a shield against online threats while at the same time unlocking geo-restricted content for you. It’s a good pick for buyers on a budget and comes with a built-in tracker blocker that stops ads, suspicious websites and phishing links in their tracks. It’s a solid choice if you want to watch Crackle anywhere in the world.
Other handy Atlas VPN features include a shielded connection that leaves ‘no room for unsecured data exchanges’, plus a data breach monitor that lets you know if your personal details have been exposed online. This awesome service also has a no-logs policy (your activities aren’t tracked) and a network kill switch that halts the service if your connection becomes unstable.
Atlas VPN currently offers access to over 750 servers around the world. Clicking the ‘Connect’ button will automatically pick the ideal server for you according to your distance, download speed and latency. Then, you can start watching Crackle wherever you are in the world. It’s also worth noting that Atlas VPN supports unlimited devices and works on both desktop and mobile.
As an added benefit, Atlas VPN members get access to a 24-hour live support service. That means that, if you encounter a technical problem or have any questions, you can reach out to a real person and get the situation sorted. Give Atlas VPN a try and watch Crackle without encountering region-based error messages.
- 1-month subscription: $10.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $2.99 per month (73% off)
- 2-year subscription: $1.99 per month (82% off)
If your current VPN doesn’t work with Crackle, it’s time to treat yourself to a better alternative. PureVPN is a great example, being powerful enough to unlock geo-locked websites so you can enjoy them without a hassle. You’ll be able to log in to your Crackle account even if you’re in a country where it doesn’t usually work.
PureVPN also works with ITV Hub, Hulu and Amazon Prime. There are around 2,000 secure PureVPN servers based in over 130 different countries.
- Access VPN servers all over the world to connect to Crackle
- A single account can unlock Crackle with ease
- Military-grade encryption to keep your real location hidden at all times
Prices listed above correct at time of publication