DAZN is a region-locked website, which means that (usually) you can’t access it if you’ve ventured outside a supported country. But we’ve found that you can access DAZN abroad if you have a top-notch VPN at your side. But if you already have a VPN and it’s not working, then what’s the problem and how can you fix it? Our guide explains what to do if your VPN isn’t working with DAZN.
We don’t want you to be staring at an error message every time you try and use DAZN abroad. If your current VPN isn’t working with the sports streaming website, there’s a high chance that DAZN has blacklisted the VPN server you’re trying to connect with. In other words, you won’t be able to use your DAZN account to stream anything until you’re back in a country that offers official support. Our guide explains how to solve the problem.
In this article:
- How to use DAZN abroad
- Why is DAZN not working with my VPN?
- How does DAZN detect my VPN?
- The best VPNs for DAZN
How to use DAZN abroad: quick guide
- Get ExpressVPN (£6.28+), Ivacy ($1.33+), NordVPN (£2.71+) or PureVPN ($2.91+)
- Open the VPN and connect to a server based in a supported country – the UK, US, Canada, Japan, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Italy or Spain.
- Sign in to your DAZN account
- Use DAZN from anywhere in the world
Why is DAZN not working with my VPN?
If the DAZN website discovers that you’re trying to access it from a restricted region, your connection will be blocked right away. Only with a trusted VPN can you bypass that restriction.
A message on the DAZN website explains: ‘You can watch DAZN anytime while in the UK, US, Canada, Japan, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Spain.’
Let’s say that your current VPN isn’t working with DAZN at all. Most likely, that’s because it’s not doing a very good job of hiding your live location. Some or all of the VPN servers you have available to you through that service may be blacklisted. If you swap over to a better VPN, you’ll be able to use DAZN without interruption.
How does DAZN detect my VPN?
Below-average VPNs don’t do a very good job of hiding your location, which means DAZN will stop you from streaming events through its website. When the DAZN website sniffs out a VPN, it’ll blacklist the temporary IP address provided by your VPN so you can’t keep on using it. Rubbish VPNs do a poor job of replacing their blacklisted servers.
All of the VPNs we’ve rounded up in our guide below are proven to work with DAZN. Have a read through the list of perks and upgrade your VPN based on our recommendations.
The best VPNs for DAZN in 2021
- 1-month subscription: £9.77 per month
- 6-month subscription: £7.54 per month
- 12-month subscription: £6.28 per month (Save 35%)
If the VPN you’re using right now isn’t working every time you visit DAZN, we suggest you switch over to ExpressVPN. We’ll happily recommend this beginner-friendly VPN because it’s easy to use, quick and works great if you’re looking to access DAZN from abroad.
ExpressVPN does a marvellous job of replacing its blacklisted servers. That means that, even if DAZN decides to temporarily disable incoming connections from ExpressVPN, the VPN will have a replacement server up and running ASAP. To access your account, all you need to do is open up ExpressVPN, connect to a server based in a country that supports DAZN coverage and go from there.
This VPN keeps your real IP address hidden around the clock, so websites (including DAZN, of course) won’t know you’re accessing content from abroad. ExpressVPN members benefit from servers in over 90 countries across the globe.
- Catch sports on DAZN from anywhere in the world using ExpressVPN
- This trusted VPN replaces servers that have been blacklisted by DAZN
- Work on loads of different devices
- 1-month subscription: $9.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.50 per month (Save 65%)
- 5-year subscription: $1.33 per month (Save 87%)
Ivacy is worth a look if you want to enjoy DAZN while you’re travelling. This is one of the most popular, affordable VPNs around, thanks in part to its battle against blacklisted servers.
This trusted VPN can hide your real location so you can use all of DAZN’s features, even if you’ve roamed outside a country that offers official support. Use our link below and you can get instant access to over 1,000 VPNs servers across the world. A single Ivacy membership means you can protect up to 10 gadgets at a time.
- Unlock DAZN in just a couple of clicks
- Great for newbies
- High-speed downloads around the clock for sports fans
Try Ivacy with our unique discount code (30-day money-back guarantee). For 20% off, use our code: Ivacy20.
For more on Ivacy, you can read our full Ivacy review.
- 1-month subscription: £8.84 per month
- 1-year subscription: £3.64 per month (Save 58%)
- 2-year subscription: £2.71 per month (Save 69%)
Here’s another VPN for your shortlist if you want to use DAZN abroad. NordVPN has servers all over the world and all of them are protected by military-grade encryption. That means they’re extremely secure and you can connect without handing over your personal data to companies that shouldn’t own it.
If you run into trouble while using NordVPN, you can make use of the live chat feature for a helping hand.
- Keep you and your family secure while you’re online
- The easy-to-use app is a real treat
- Secure your online activities
- 1-month subscription: $10.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.74 per month (Save 66%)
- 2-year subscription: $2.91 per month (Save 73%)
If your current VPN doesn’t work with DAZN events, try this. PureVPN is powerful enough to unlock geo-locked websites so you can enjoy them without a hassle. You’ll be able to log in to your DAZN account even if you’re in a country where it doesn’t usually work.
- Access VPN servers all over the world to connect to DAZN
- Unlock the full DAZN website in a couple of clicks
- Keep your real location hidden at all times
Prices listed above correct at time of publication