iflix is locked in certain parts of the world, which means that usually you can’t access it if you’ve ventured outside Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines or Vietnam. But we’ve found that you can access iflix abroad if you have a trusty VPN at your side. But if you already have a VPN and it’s not working, then what’s the problem? Our guide explains what to do if your VPN isn’t working with iflix.
You don’t want to be staring at an error message every time you try and use iflix outside certain countries. If your current VPN isn’t working with the website, there’s a high chance that iflix has blacklisted the VPN server you’re trying to connect with. That means you won’t be able to use your account until you’re back in a country that offers official support for it. Our guide explains how to solve the problem.
In this article:
- How to use iflix abroad
- Why is iflix not working with my VPN?
- How does iflix detect my VPN?
- The best VPNs for iflix in 2021
How to use iflix abroad: quick guide
- Get ExpressVPN (£6.28+), Ivacy ($1.33+), NordVPN (£2.71+) or PureVPN ($2.91+)
- Open the VPN and connect to a server based in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines or Vietnam
- Sign in to your iflix account
- Use iflix from anywhere in the world
Why is iflix not working with my VPN?
If iflix discovers that you’re trying to access it from a restricted region, your connection will be blocked. Only with a trusted VPN can you bypass that restriction.
Let’s say that your current VPN isn’t working with iflix at all. Most likely, that’s because it’s not doing a very good job of hiding your live location. Some or all of the VPN servers you have available to you through that service may be blacklisted. If you swap over to a better VPN, you’ll be able to use iflix without interuption.
How does iflix detect my VPN?
Dodgy VPNs don’t do a very good job of hiding your location, which means iflix will stop you from streaming TV shows and movies through its website. When the iflix website sniffs out a VPN, it’ll blacklist the temporary IP address provided by your VPN so you can’t keep on using it. The worst VPNs do a very poor job of replacing their blacklisted servers.
All of the VPNs we’ve rounded up below are proven to work with iflix. Have a read through the list of perks and upgrade your VPN based on our recommendations.
The best VPNs for iflix in 2021
- 1-month subscription: £9.77 per month
- 6-month subscription: £7.54 per month
- 12-month subscription: £6.28 per month (Save 35%)
If the VPN you’re using isn’t working 100% of the time, switch to ExpressVPN. We’ll happily recommend this newbie-friendly VPN until the end of time – it’s easy to use, quick and works great if you’re looking to access iflix from abroad.
ExpressVPN does a super job of replacing blacklisted servers. That means that, even if iflix temporarily disables incoming connections from ExpressVPN, the VPN will have a replacement server up and running sooner rather than later. To access your account, all you need to do is open up ExpressVPN, connect to a server based in an approved country and go from there.
- Watch iflix from anywhere in the world
- ExpressVPN replaces blacklisted servers ASAP
- Works on Mac, PC, Android and iOS
- 1-month subscription: $9.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.50 per month (Save 65%)
- 5-year subscription: $1.33 per month (Save 87%)
Have a go on Ivacy if you want to enjoy iflix while you’re travelling. This is one of the most popular, affordable VPNs around, thanks in part to its battle against blacklisted servers.
Ivacy can hide your real location so you can use all of iflix’s features, even if you’ve roamed outside Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines or Vietnam. Use our link below and you can access over 1,000 VPN servers across the world.
- Unlock iflix in minutes
- A great pick for VPN newbies
- Enjoy high-speed downloads around the clock
Try Ivacy with our unique discount code (30-day money-back guarantee). For 20% off, use our code: Ivacy20.
For more on Ivacy, you can read our full Ivacy review.
- 1-month subscription: £8.84 per month
- 1-year subscription: £3.64 per month (Save 58%)
- 2-year subscription: £2.71 per month (Save 69%)
Here’s another VPN for your shortlist if you want to use iflix abroad. NordVPN has servers all over the world and all of them are protected by military-grade encryption. That means they’re extremely secure and you can connect without handing over your personal data to companies that shouldn’t own it.
- Keep yourself secure at all times
- Secure your online activities
- Try the easy-to-use app
- 1-month subscription: $10.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.74 per month (Save 66%)
- 2-year subscription: $2.91 per month (Save 73%)
If your current VPN doesn’t work with iflix, try this. PureVPN is powerful enough to unlock geo-locked websites so you can enjoy them without a hassle. You’ll be able to log in to your iflix account even if you’re in a country where it doesn’t usually work.
- Access VPN servers from anywhere in the world
- Unlock iflix in minutes
- Keep your actual location hidden at all times
Prices listed above correct at time of publication