The Kayo Sports website is locked in certain parts of the world, which means that usually you can’t access it if you’ve ventured outside Australia. But after doing some digging, we’ve found that you can access Kayo Sports abroad if you have a trusty VPN at your side. But if you already have a VPN and it’s not working, then what’s the problem? Our guide explains what to do if your VPN isn’t working with Kayo Sports.
Let’s face it – you don’t want to be staring at an error message every time you try and use Kayo Sports outside Australia. If your current VPN isn’t working with the website, there’s a high chance that Kayo Sports has blacklisted the VPN server you’re trying to connect with. That means you won’t be able to use your account until you’re back in Australia. Our guide explains how to solve the problem.
In this article:
- How to use Kayo Sports abroad
- Why is Kayo Sports not working with my VPN?
- How does Kayo Sports detect my VPN?
- The best VPNs for Kayo Sports
How to use Kayo Sports abroad: quick guide
- Get ExpressVPN (£6.28+), Ivacy ($1.33+), NordVPN (£2.71+) or PureVPN ($2.91+)
- Open the VPN and connect to a server based in Australia
- Sign in to your Kayo Sports account
- Use Kayo Sports from anywhere in the world
Why is Kayo Sports not working with my VPN?
If Kayo Sports discovers that you’re trying to access it from a restricted region, your connection will be blocked.
So let’s say that your current VPN isn’t working with Kayo Sports. Most likely, that’s because it’s not doing a very good job of spoofing your location. Some or all of the VPN servers you have available to you through that service may be blacklisted. If you swap over to a better VPN, you’ll have no troubles at all.
How does Kayo Sports detect my VPN?
Below-average VPNs don’t do a very good job of hiding your real location, which means Kayo Sports will stop you from streaming through its website. When the Kayo Sports website sniffs out a VPN, it’ll blacklist the temporary IP address provided by your VPN so you can’t continue to use it. The worst VPNs do a very poor job of replacing their blacklisted servers.
Have a browse through our recommended VPNs below and enjoy a superior alternative.
The best VPNs for Kayo Sports in 2021
- 1-month subscription: £9.77 per month
- 6-month subscription: £7.54 per month
- 12-month subscription: £6.28 per month (Save 35%)
If the VPN you’re using isn’t working 100% of the time, switch to ExpressVPN. We’ll happily recommend this newbie-friendly VPN until the end of time – it’s easy to use, quick and works great if you’re looking to access Kayo Sports from abroad.
ExpressVPN does a super job of replacing blacklisted servers. That means that, even if Kayo Sports temporarily disables incoming connections from ExpressVPN, the VPN will have a replacement server up and running sooner rather than later. To access your account, all you need to do is open up ExpressVPN, connect to an Australia-based server and go from there.
This VPN keeps your real IP address hidden around the clock, so websites won’t know you’re accessing content from abroad. Every ExpressVPN member can benefit from servers in over 90 countries across the globe.
- Watch Kayo Sports wherever you are using ExpressVPN
- Replaces blacklisted servers ASAP
- Works on lots of different devices including Mac, PC, Android or iOS smartphones
- 1-month subscription: $9.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.50 per month (Save 65%)
- 5-year subscription: $1.33 per month (Save 87%)
Ivacy is worth a look if you want to enjoy Kayo Sports while you’re travelling. This is one of the most popular, affordable VPNs around, thanks in part to its battle against blacklisted servers.
This trusted VPN can hide your real location so you can use all of Kayo Sports’ features, even if you’ve roamed outside Australia. Use our link below and you can get instant access to over 1,000 VPNs servers across the world. A single Ivacy membership means you can protect up to 10 gadgets at a time.
- Unlock Kayo Sports in minutes using Ivacy
- Great for beginners
- High-speed downloads
Try Ivacy with our unique discount code (30-day money-back guarantee). For 20% off, use our code: Ivacy20.
For more on Ivacy, you can read our full Ivacy review.
- 1-month subscription: £8.84 per month
- 1-year subscription: £3.64 per month (Save 58%)
- 2-year subscription: £2.71 per month (Save 69%)
Here’s another VPN for your shortlist if you want to use Kayo Sports abroad. NordVPN has servers all over the world and all of them are protected by military-grade encryption. That means they’re extremely secure and you can connect without handing over your personal data to companies that shouldn’t own it.
If you run into trouble while using NordVPN, you can make use of the live chat feature for a helping hand.
- Keep yourself and family secure
- The easy-to-use app is great for newbies
- Secure your online activites
- 1-month subscription: $10.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.74 per month (Save 66%)
- 2-year subscription: $2.91 per month (Save 73%)
If your current VPN doesn’t work with Kayo Sports, try this. PureVPN is powerful enough to unlock geo-locked websites so you can enjoy them without a hassle. You’ll be able to log in to your Kayo Sports account even if you’re in a country where it doesn’t usually work.
- Access VPN servers all over the world to connect to Kayo Sports
- Unlock Kayo Sports with ease
- Keep your real location hidden at all times
Prices listed above correct at time of publication