Peacock is built for viewers over in the US, which means that if you’re trying to stream content outside the states, you’ll run into trouble. Usually, a VPN would save the day, letting you to spoof your location if you’re abroad so you can keep watching. But what if your current VPN isn’t working with Peacock?
If your current VPN isn’t working with Peacock, the VPN server you’re trying to use has probably been blacklisted. In other words, you won’t be able to stream shows if you’re outside the US. Keep scrolling for details on how to solve the problem.
In this article:
- How to use Peacock abroad
- Why is Peacock not working with my VPN?
- How does Peacock detect my VPN?
- The best VPNs for Peacock
How to use Peacock abroad: quick guide
- Get ExpressVPN (£6.28+), Ivacy ($1.33+), NordVPN (£2.71+), Atlas VPN ($1.39+) or PureVPN ($2.91+)
- Open the VPN and connect to a server based in the US
- Sign in to your Peacock account
- Use Peacock from anywhere in the world
Why is Peacock not working with my VPN?
If the Peacock website works out that you’re trying to access it from a restricted region, your connection will be blocked every time. An error message on the Peacock website explains: “This service is unavailable in your region.”
If your current VPN isn’t working with Peacock, it’s not doing a very good job of spoofing your location. Some or all of the VPN servers you have available to you through that service may be blacklisted. Swapping to a better VPN will save you.
How does Peacock detect my VPN?
Poor VPNs don’t do a very good job of hiding your location, which means Peacock prevents you from streaming content. When the Peacock website identifies VPN use, it’ll blacklist the temporary IP address provided by your VPN so you can’t use it again. The worst VPNs do a lousy job of replacing their blacklisted servers.
Have a browse through our recommended VPNs below and enjoy a superior alternative. On the plus side, you don’t need to spend big to get yourself a top-tier VPN.
The best VPNs for Peacock in 2021
- 1-month subscription: £9.77 per month
- 6-month subscription: £7.54 per month
- 12-month subscription: £6.28 per month (35% off)
If the VPN you’re using at the moment refuses to work, switch to ExpressVPN. We’ll happily recommend this newbie-friendly VPN time and time again – it’s easy to use, quick and works brilliantly if you’re looking to access Peacock from abroad. You won’t have to stare at annoying error messages on the Peacock website if you’re protected by this tried and tested VPN.
ExpressVPN does a top job of replacing its blacklisted servers. That means that, even if Peacock temporarily disables incoming connections from ExpressVPN, the VPN will have a replacement server up and running ASAP. To access your account, all you need to do is open up ExpressVPN, connect to a US-based server and go from there.
This VPN keeps your real IP address hidden, so websites won’t know you’re accessing content from abroad. Every ExpressVPN member can enjoy servers in over 90 countries around the world. ExpressVPN works on lots of different devices including Mac, PC, Android or iOS smartphone.
- Watch your favourite Peacock shows wherever you are using ExpressVPN
- Works with both PCs and laptops
- This trusted VPN will replace its blacklisted servers ASAP
- 1-month subscription: $9.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.50 per month (65% off)
- 5-year subscription: $1.33 per month (87% off)
Ivacy is worth a closer look if you want to enjoy Peacock shows while you’re travelling. This is one of the most popular, affordable VPNs around, thanks in part to its battle against blacklisted servers.
This trusted VPN effectively hides your real location so you can use all of Peacock’s features, even if you’ve roamed outside the US. Use our exclusive link below and you get instant access to over 1,000 VPNs servers across the world. A single membership to Ivacy also means you can protect up to 10 gadgets at a time.
- Unlock Peacock in minutes using Ivacy
- Great choice for beginners
- High-speed downloads thanks to Ivacy’s optimized VPN servers
Try Ivacy with our unique discount code (30-day money-back guarantee). For 20% off, use our code: Ivacy20.
For more on Ivacy, you can read our full Ivacy review.
- 1-month subscription: £8.84 per month
- 1-year subscription: £3.64 per month (58% off)
- 2-year subscription: £2.71 per month (69% off)
Here’s another VPN for your shortlist if you want to use Peacock abroad. NordVPN has servers all over the world and all of them are protected by military-grade encryption. That means they’re extremely secure and you can connect without handing over your personal data to companies that shouldn’t own it.
If you run into trouble while getting to grips with NordVPN, you can make use of the live chat feature for a helping hand.
- Keep yourself and family secure without buying several NordVPN accounts
- Easy-to-use app is great for newbies
- Secure your online traffic with top-tier encryption
- 1-month subscription: $9.99 per month
- 1-year subscription: $2.49 per month (75% off)
- 3-year subscription + 3 months free: $1.39 per month (86% off)
Atlas VPN will act as a shield against online threats while at the same time unlocking geo-restricted content for you. It’s a good pick for buyers on a budget and comes with a built-in tracker blocker that stops ads, suspicious websites and phishing links in their tracks. It’s a solid choice if you want to watch Peacock anywhere in the world.
Other handy Atlas VPN features include a shielded connection that leaves ‘no room for unsecured data exchanges’, plus a data breach monitor that lets you know if your personal details have been exposed online. This awesome service also has a no-logs policy (your activities aren’t tracked) and a network kill switch that halts the service if your connection becomes unstable.
Atlas VPN currently offers access to over 750 servers around the world. Clicking the ‘Connect’ button will automatically pick the ideal server for you according to your distance, download speed and latency. Then, you can start watching Peacock wherever you are in the world. It’s also worth noting that Atlas VPN supports unlimited devices and works on both desktop and mobile.
As an added benefit, Atlas VPN members get access to a 24-hour live support service. That means that, if you encounter a technical problem or have any questions, you can reach out to a real person and get the situation sorted. Give Atlas VPN a try and watch Peacock without encountering region-based error messages.
- 1-month subscription: $10.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.74 per month (66% off)
- 2-year subscription: $2.91 per month (73% off)
If your current VPN doesn’t work with Peacock, treat yourself to a better alternative. PureVPN is a great example, being powerful enough to unlock geo-locked websites so you can enjoy them without a hassle. You’ll be able to log in to your Peacock account even if you’re in a country where it doesn’t usually work.
PureVPN also works with ITV Hub, Hulu and Amazon Prime. There are around 2,000 secure PureVPN servers based in over 130 different countries.
- Access VPN servers all over the world to connect to Peacock
- A single account can unlock Peacock with ease
- Keep your real location hidden at all times
Prices listed above correct at time of publication