Spark Sport is designed for viewers over in New Zealand, which means that if you’re trying to stream content outside New Zealand, you’ll hit a brick wall. Usually, a VPN would come to the rescue here, allowing you to spoof your location if you’re abroad so you can keep watching. But what if your current VPN isn’t working with Spark Sport? We’ll help you fix it.
If your current VPN isn’t working with Spark Sport, there’s a high chance that the VPN server you’re trying to use has been blacklisted. In other words, you won’t be able to stream shows if you’re outside New Zealand. Have a read through our guide for more details.
In this article:
- How to use Spark Sport abroad: quick guide
- Why is Spark Sport not working with my VPN?
- How does Spark Sport detect my VPN?
- The best VPNs for Spark Sport in 2021
How to use Spark Sport abroad: quick guide
- Get ExpressVPN (£6.28+), Ivacy ($1.33+), NordVPN (£2.71+) or PureVPN ($2.91+)
- Open the VPN and connect to a server based in New Zealand
- Sign in to your Spark Sport account
- Use Spark Sport from anywhere in the world
Why is Spark Sport not working with my VPN?
In the event that the Spark Sport website works out that you’re trying to access it from a restricted region, your connection will be blocked every time. An error message on Spark Sport’s own website explains: “this content is not available in your country.”
If your current VPN isn’t working with Spark Sport, it’s not doing a very good job of spoofing your location. Some or all of the VPN servers you have available to you through that service may be blacklisted. Swapping to a more reliable VPN will save you some trouble.
How does Spark Sport detect my VPN?
Rubbish VPNs don’t do a very good job of hiding your true location, which means Spark Sport prevents you from streaming content. When the Spark Sport website identifies VPN use, it’ll blacklist the temporary IP address provided by your VPN so you can’t use it again. The worst VPNs do a lousy job of replacing their blacklisted servers.
Have a look at our recommended VPNs below and enjoy a superior service. And don’t worry – you don’t need to spend big to get yourself a top-tier VPN.
The best VPNs for Spark Sport in 2021
- 1-month subscription: £9.77 per month
- 6-month subscription: £7.54 per month
- 12-month subscription: £6.28 per month (Save 35%)
If the VPN you’re using at the moment just refuses to work, then it’s time to switch over to ExpressVPN. We’ll happily recommend this newbie-friendly VPN over and over again – it’s easy to use, speedy and works brilliantly if you’re looking to access Spark Sport from abroad. You won’t have to stare at annoying error messages on the Spark Sport website if you’re protected by this tried and tested VPN.
ExpressVPN does a great job of replacing its blacklisted servers. That means that, even if Spark Sport temporarily disables incoming connections from ExpressVPN, the VPN will have a replacement server up and running ASAP. To access your account, all you need to do is open up ExpressVPN, connect to a New Zealand-based server and go from there.
ExpressVPN keeps your real IP address hidden, so websites won’t know you’re accessing content from abroad. Every ExpressVPN member can enjoy servers in over 90 countries around the world. This VPN works on loads of different gadgets including Mac, PC, Android or iOS smartphone.
- Watch your favourite sports wherever you are using ExpressVPN
- Compatible with PCs and laptops while you’re abroad
- This trusted VPN will replace its blacklisted servers ASAP
- 1-month subscription: $9.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.50 per month (Save 65%)
- 5-year subscription: $1.33 per month (Save 87%)
Ivacy is a great pick if you want to enjoy Spark Sport while you’re travelling. This is one of the most popular, affordable VPNs around, thanks in part to its battle against blacklisted servers. The cheapest Ivacy subscription will only set you back $2.45 per month.
This trusted VPN will effectively hide your real location so you can use all of Spark Sport’s features, even if you’ve roamed outside New Zealand. Use our exclusive link below and you get instant access to over 1,000 VPNs servers across the world. A single membership to Ivacy also means you can protect up to 10 gadgets at a time.
- Unlock Spark Sport in minutes using Ivacy
- A great choice for beginners
- Get treated to high-speed downloads using Ivacy’s optimized VPN servers
Try Ivacy with our unique discount code (30-day money-back guarantee). For 20% off, use our code: Ivacy20.
For more on Ivacy, you can read our full Ivacy review.
- 1-month subscription: £8.84 per month
- 1-year subscription: £3.64 per month (Save 58%)
- 2-year subscription: £2.71 per month (Save 69%)
Here’s another VPN for your shortlist if you want to use Spark Sport while you’re travelling. NordVPN has servers all over the world and all of them are protected by military-grade encryption. That means they’re extremely secure and you can connect without handing over your personal data to companies that shouldn’t own it.
If you run into trouble while getting to grips with NordVPN, you can make use of the live chat feature for a helping hand.
- Keep yourself and your family secure without buying several NordVPN accounts
- Easy-to-use app is great for newbies
- Secure your online traffic with top-tier encryption
- 1-month subscription: $10.95 per month
- 1-year subscription: $3.74 per month (Save 66%)
- 2-year subscription: $2.91 per month (Save 73%)
If your current VPN doesn’t work with Spark Sport, it’s time to treat yourself to a better alternative. PureVPN is a great example, being powerful enough to unlock geo-locked websites so you can enjoy them without a hassle. You’ll be able to log in to your Spark Sport account even if you’re in a country where it doesn’t usually work.
PureVPN also works with ITV Hub, Hulu and Amazon Prime. There are around 2,000 secure PureVPN servers based in over 130 different countries.
- Access VPN servers all over the world to connect to Spark Sport
- A single account can unlock Spark Sport with ease
- Military-grade encryption to keep your real location hidden at all times
Prices listed above correct at time of publication